Northwest Housing Alternatives (NHA) is recruiting to hire a
mission-oriented senior level Housing Developer to support and build our
affordable housing pipeline. Now more than ever, NHA is poised to develop
projects in the Portland metropolitan area and across the state of Oregon in
collaboration and partnership with Black, Indigenous, and communities of color.
We have almost 300 multi-family units under construction, over 600 multi-family
units in predevelopment, and are considering new opportunities and partnerships
- a passion for affordable housing;
- a commitment to community development
and social justice;
- a strong interest in working in
collaboration with project teams and community partners'
- a background of at least five years in
affordable housing development with an interest in community and mixed-use development;
want to talk with you!
The Senior Housing Developer plays a key role among the Housing Development team members. In addition to leadership assignments of complex housing development projects from concept through lease-up, the position establishes and documents best practices, provides strategic advice, performs analysis, and collaborates with other stakeholders such as Asset Managers, Resident Services Coordinators, accounting staff, and community partners. The position reports to the Director of Real Estate Development and serves as a representative of NHA in the community.
- Acquisition, Financing, Development, and Construction Management of Multi-Family and Mixed-Use Development from concept to completion.
- Marketing, Outreach, Public Speaking, and Community Engagement.
- Driving department success and innovation in key focus areas including; Environmental Sustainability, Racial Equity, Partner Relations, and Household Stabilization.
- At least five years of successive growth and professional experience in real estate development, underwriting, affordable housing development, construction management, or related field and lived experience.
- At least two years of successive growth and professional experience as a Team Leader for both internal and external project teams.
- Knowledge of affordable housing financing tools and concepts including experience completing projects with LIHTC, Bonds, OAHTC, Housing Trust Fund, LIFT, CDBG, HOME, and/or FHLB. Familiarity with compliance and regulatory requirements of affordable housing.
About Northwest Housing Alternatives
For over 35 years, Northwest Housing Alternatives (NHA) has been a leading not-for-profit developer of affordable housing in Oregon. Our mission is to create opportunity through housing by developing, building, and managing rental housing designed for Oregonians with extremely limited incomes. These homes help families live healthy and stable lives, allow older adults to age in place, and give people with special needs a dignified residence. Along with providing affordable housing, NHA provides services that connect tenants to critical health and community resources, work to prevent homelessness before it begins, and offer emergency shelter and services for families experiencing homelessness.
NHA is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment and is actively seeking to recruit a deep and diverse applicant pool. We strive to hire a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens everything we do. NHA offers a supportive and welcoming work environment having been awarded "100 Best Nonprofits to work for in Oregon" again in 2019. This is a great opportunity to work with a team of dedicated and passionate coworkers.
NHA provides a full range of benefits, including but not limited to the following:
- Excellent health coverage through Kaiser Permanente, including multiple medical and dental plan options; NHA contributes 100% of the cost of coverage for the employee each year, plus an additional $250/month if the employee adds dependents. Alternative care and vision included in some plans.
- 7% match, after the first year of employment, for our 403(b) plan with T. Rowe Price.
- Generous vacation and sick leave.
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave.
Northwest Housing Alternatives is committed to supporting a diverse workforce and does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other status protected by law.