Position: General Ledger Accountant (Accountant II)
Reports to: Director of Finance & Accounting
FLSA Status: Full-time (40 hours per week), exempt
Work Schedule: M – F; 8:30am – 5:00pm
Salary: $75,000 - $95,000
This position provides a variety of support in the general ledger and for the organization. This position performs a variety of professional level accounting duties involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling financial transactions, statements, records, and reports. The Accountant II works collaboratively with the other members of the finance and accounting team and with the internal departments within the organization.
- General Ledger Accounting
- Housing Development Accounting
- General Finance and Administration
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for this position include:
- 3+ years accounting experience in general ledger
- Strong knowledge of general accounting principles and practices (GAAP)
- High level of proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties independently
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to work collaboratively and to manage a high degree of complexity
- Highest personal and professional integrity, including ability to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Work effectively on several projects concurrently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Preferred skills and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent related work experience.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May require overtime hours to meet deadlines. Requires extensive close work. Regular attendance is required in accordance with a regular schedule established for the position by the supervisor. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and readily and effectively communicate. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include ability to effectively see within an office environment, which may include long term computer exposure, and to adjust focus accordingly. The duties of the job are primarily performed in an office environment. There is some exposure to noise in the work environment, which is usually mild to moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
The company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship is “At-Will”. The job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.