Do you have a passion for contributing your skills to supporting non-profit work developing affordable housing and ending homelessness? Do you have a commitment to community development and social justice?
Northwest Housing Alternatives (NHA) is seeking a dynamic Community Engagement Coordinator to support NHA’s mission of creating opportunity through housing.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will work to deepen relationships with community partners and volunteers by organizing engagement opportunities that enrich NHA programs. Activities will include establishing annual volunteer opportunities, volunteer recruitment and tracking, establishing homework clubs at NHA properties, coordinating toy and supply drives and hosting an annual donor/volunteer appreciation event, as well as contributing to the overall goals of the Resource Development Department.
This position will be part of the four-person Resource Development team and report to the Director of Philanthropy and Resource Development. This is a full-time position with a starting salary range of $40,000 to $50,000 annually, depending upon experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships between NHA and community partners and volunteers
- Recruit, track and oversee volunteers for our two annual fundraisers, Home Sweet Home and the Lake Run, as well as for other events and activities
- Organize and manage four community engagement events annually
- Collaborate with Program Staff to support weekly youth activities for Walsh Commons and the Annie Ross House
- Implement and oversee Homework Clubs at NHA Properties
- Manage donation registry and annual toy and supply drives
- Implement an annual volunteer and donor appreciation event
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent related work experience and 3 years of volunteer and community engagement experience with a proven track record of success.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with volunteer recruitment and tracking
- Experience with event planning and coordination
- Experience with community outreach
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Ability to work well in partnership with staff, volunteers, funders and the Board of Directors
- Flexibility during peak periods and ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record and reliable transportation required
About Northwest Housing Alternatives
For over 35 years, Northwest Housing Alternatives (NHA) has been a leading not-for-profit developer of affordable housing in Oregon. Our mission is to create opportunity through housing by developing, building, and managing rental housing designed for Oregonians with extremely limited incomes. These homes help families live healthy and stable lives, allow older adults to age in place, and give people with special needs a dignified residence. Along with providing affordable housing, NHA provides services that connect tenants to critical health and community resources, work to prevent homelessness before it begins, and offer emergency shelter and services for families experiencing homelessness.
NHA is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment and is actively seeking to recruit a diverse applicant pool. We strive to hire a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens everything we do. NHA offers a great work environment having been awarded “100 Best Nonprofits to work for in Oregon” again in 2019. This is a great opportunity to work with a team of dedicated and passionate coworkers.
NHA provides a full range of benefits including, but not limited to, the following:
- Excellent health coverage as well as Alternative Care, Dental, and Vision. NHA Contributes 100% of the cost of coverage for the employee plus an additional $250/month if the employee adds dependents
- 7% match after the first year of employment for our 403(b) plan with immediate vesting
- Generous vacation and sick leave