Northwest Housing Alternatives (NHA) is hiring a Resident Services
Coordinator to join a supportive and collaborative team working to link
affordable housing residents with services and resources. NHA provides
affordable housing options for seniors, families, and individuals with
NHA’s Resident Services program provides supportive service to our
affordable housing residents in order to promote housing stability and overall
wellness and safety. NHA provides Resident Services to over 2,400 residents in
33 properties across 10 counties in Oregon. In 2018, Resident Services
responded to 8,162 requests for services and helped 84% of households maintain
or improve their housing stability.
About Northwest Housing Alternatives
For over 35 years, Northwest Housing Alternatives (NHA) has been a
leading not-for-profit developer of affordable housing in Oregon. Our mission
is to create opportunity through housing by developing, building, and managing
rental housing designed for Oregonians with extremely limited incomes. These
homes help families live healthy and stable lives, allow older adults to age in
place, and give people with special needs a dignified residence. Along with
providing affordable housing, NHA provides services that connect tenants to
critical health and community resources, work to prevent homelessness before it
begins, and offer emergency shelter and services for families experiencing
NHA is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment
and is actively seeking to recruit a diverse applicant pool. We strive to hire
a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, understanding
that a diverse workforce strengthens everything we do. NHA offers a great work
environment having been awarded “100 Best Nonprofits to Work for in Oregon”
again in 2019. This is a great opportunity to work with a team of dedicated and
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Link residents to resources and information as needed in order to stabilize their housing.
- Facilitate and assess community needs at the properties to plan, organize, and implement on-site events and information sessions for residents.
- Build relationships with current residents and welcome new residents to the properties. Orient new residents to the RS program and the role of the Resident Services Coordinator, providing information and support in helping residents identify barriers and gain access to local resources.
- Collaborate with property management and asset management staff on issues relating to resident welfare and community stability. Offer links and referral partnerships with local social service and resource agencies to help residents achieve their goals.
- Track and measure program progress. Maintain data on requests for services, community events and activities, and all other pertinent information.
- Work independently and in partnership with other NHA staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3 years of experience providing direct services to people experiencing homelessness or living in poverty, or a Bachelor's degree in Social Science or a similar area and 1 year of experience providing direct services.
- Lived experience which reflects the experiences of NHA's core population is valued and those with this experience should highlight this in their cover letter.
- Experience working with individuals with mental health diagnoses and knowledge of Multnomah County's mental health services and providers.
- Valid driver's license, positive driving history, and own reliable transportation with current insurance.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to complete assignments, find what needs to be done, and get help when needed.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of program stakeholders verbally and in writing.
- Basic mediation skills that include listening, seeking common ground, and acknowledging differences.
NHA provides a full range of benefits, including but not limited to the following:
- Excellent health coverage through Kaiser Permanente, including multiple medical and dental plan options; NHA contributes 100% of the cost of coverage for the employee each year, plus an additional $250/month if the employee adds dependents. Alternative care and vision included.
- 7% match after the first year of employment for our 403(b) plan with T. Rowe Price.
- Generous vacation and sick leave.
- 4 weeks paid parental leave.
Northwest Housing Alternatives is committed to supporting a diverse
workforce and does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, gender,
religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation
or gender identity, or any other status protected by law.